The Academic Skills Centre offers one-to-one consultations for distance students by phone and email. You can book an appointment by following these steps.
- Contact ASC by phone: (03) 369 3900 or Toll Free 0800 827 748, and ask for the Academic Skills Centre.
- Have in mind some dates/times that will suit you for a distance appointment
- Email your work from you university email address to your assigned advisor before 9 am on the appointment day, along with specific questions or concerns that you have. Please include the essay/assignment question if you have on
- The advisor will read your paper for the first 25 minutes prior to calling you. For example if your appointment is at 2.00 pm, you will be phoned at approximately 2.25 pm.
- You and the advisor will work through the issues that you have both identified in the assignment, essay or report. Be ready to take notes and be sure to have your questions prepared!
- The total time of your appointment, including reading, will be 50 minutes. You are welcome to make an appointment as often as every two weeks for up to 10 appointments per year.
ASC also offers distance students quick query support. Quick queries can be anything on writing or study that can be answered in up to 10 minutes. A short query can be emailed to the general ASC mail address: email@example.com or phone us on Toll Free 0800 827 748, and ask for the Academic Skills Centre. Please be aware that your question will be answered at the next available on call session.
We look forward to hearing from you!