Introduction to Essay Writing
This four-part course is designed for students who are new to university, or for those who would like to improve their essay writing skills. It is especially suitable for students in Arts, Education, Social Sciences, and Law. The course focuses on developing an argument throughout the essay writing process, from analysing the essay topic to writing the final draft.
- Session 1 Analysing the topic
- Session 2 Research and referencing
- Session 3 Structure and planning
- Session 4 The final draft
Note that some of the streams below meet twice a week over the course of a single term. If your timetable clashes with one of the times or days, you can sit in on sessions in a different stream to ensure you don't miss anything.
Dates and times
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 2 May to 10 May 2018, between 1.00 pm to 1.50 pm : passed
- Wednesdays, 18 July to 8 August 2018, between 1.00 pm to 1.50 pm : enrolment and venue>>
- Mondays and Tuesdays, 23 July to 31 July 2018, between 12.00 pm to 12.50 pm : enrolment and venue>>
Even if this course is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when it is next scheduled, request it at a different time or day, or just find out more, email Academic Skills