Introduction to Essay Writing
This four-part course is designed for students who are new to university, or for those who would like to improve their essay writing skills. It is especially suitable for students in the Colleges of Arts, Education and Law. The course will show you how to develop a strong argument that answers the question within a well-structured essay.
- Analysing the topic
- Argument, research and note-taking
- Planning, essay structure and introductions
- Body paragraphs and conclusions
Note that some of the streams below meet twice a week over a two-week period, while others meet once a week over four weeks. If your timetable clashes with one of the times or days, you can sit in on sessions in a different stream to ensure you don’t miss anything.
Dates and times
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1 May to 9 May 2019, between 12.00 pm to 12.50 pm : passed
- Mondays, 6 May to 27 May 2019, between 1.00 pm to 1.50 pm : enrolment and venue>>
Even if this course is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when it is next scheduled, request it at a different time or day, or just find out more, email Academic Skills