Academic Skills for Honours and Taught Master's Students
Postgraduate study is characterised by greater depth and higher academic expectations than undergraduate study. Workshops that will help you to succeed include:
- Writing research questions and the research proposal
- Writing a literature review
- Maximising your time
- Critical reading and note-taking
- Writing the research essay and dissertations
Dates and times
- PRE-SEMESTER WORKSHOP: (ZOOM and In-person) Monday, 13 February 2023 through to Friday,17 February 2023 between 3.00 pm to 3.50 pm (enrol here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Attend the workshops that are of interest to you either in person or live streamed - 13/2 Research essays and dissertations, 14/2 Formulating research questions and proposals, 15/2 Literature review, 16/2 Critical reading and note-taking, 17/2 Maximising your time : passed
The next set of dates for this learning event has not yet been scheduled.
Even if this lecture is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when the lecture is next scheduled, or just find out more, email Academic Skills Centre.
Other workshops of relevance to Honours and Taught Master's Students
ASC offers many other sessions which may be of interest on topics such as oral presentations, the writing process, proofreading your final draft.