English Language Support Programme (ELSP)
This year-long course is designed to help students with English as an additional language to improve their academic English. Classes are 50 minutes long and take place once per week during term time. Students are welcome to join the course at any stage during the year. Review classes will allow returning students to revise the skills they have learnt and new students to catch up on earlier classes.
Students will develop their skills through practical in-class exercises. Additional resources will help students to build their independent language learning abilities outside the classroom.
The course covers:
- structure (reading strategies, academic text structure, paragraph structure)
- style (formal language, writing concisely, using source material)
- sentences (clauses, sentence types)
- grammar (tenses, articles, prepositions, pronouns, active and passive)
- vocabulary (building vocabulary, summarising)
Students who attend at least 16 out of 22 sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
2019 English Language Support Programme (printable copy)
Further information can be found on LearnNote: Students who prefer not to join regular classes may wish to attend the Reading and Writing for English Language Learners workshops.
Dates and times
- Wednesdays, 28 February 2018 - 17 October 2018, between 11.00 am to 11.50 am : passed
- Thursdays, 28 February 2019 - ongoing, between 11.00 am to 11.50 am : enrolment and venue>>
Even if this workshop is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up.