English Language Support Programme (ELSP)
This semester-long course is designed to help students with English as an additional language to improve their academic English. Classes are 50 minutes long and take place once per week during term time. Students are welcome to join the course at any stage during the semester. Students will develop their skills through practical in-class exercises and additional resources will help students to build their independent language learning abilities outside the classroom.
The course covers:
- structure (reading strategies, academic text structure, paragraph structure)
- style (formal language, writing concisely, using source material)
- sentences (clauses, sentence types)
- grammar (tenses, articles, prepositions, pronouns, active and passive)
- vocabulary (building vocabulary, summarising)
Further information and 2023 first term workshops can be found on Learn
Note: Students who prefer not to join regular classes may wish to attend the Reading and Writing and Speaking and Listening workshops.
Dates and times
- Every Monday throughout the year during term time ( ZOOM ONLY) between 2.00 pm to 2.50 pm. First class this semester is Monday, 27 February 2023. Students are welcome to join the course at any stage during the year. A ZOOM link will be sent out on the morning of the workshop.: passed
The next set of dates for this learning event has not yet been scheduled.
Even if this workshop is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up.