Giving an Oral Presentation
This interactive workshop is designed to help you to be an excellent presenter. The session provides practical advice on structuring a talk, delivering it effectively, and using PowerPoint well. It also includes tips for overcoming nerves and for delivering presentations online.
Presenter: Jessica Ritchie
Dates and times
- Thursday, 25 August 2022, from 11.00 am to 11.50 am - ZOOM: passed
The next set of dates for this learning event has not yet been scheduled.
Even if these workshops are fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when they are next scheduled, request them at a different time or day, or just find out more,
- TED’s secret to great public speaking
- Presentation advice from Merlin Mann
- Seth Godin's little e-book on Really Bad Powerpoint
- David Winter’s post at NZ SciBlogs on giving a talk
- Booklet: Communicating Science, Giving Talks. (Burroughs Wellcome Fund, 48 pp, 4.7 MB)
- Duarte, Nancy. 2008. Slide:ology: the Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations. O’Reilly Media.
- Reynolds, Garr. 2008. Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery. New Riders Press.
- Williams, Robin. 2009. The Non-Designer’s Presentation Book. Peachpit Press.
Workshop Handout: Tips for Giving a Talk.