Making Sentences Work
This course helps students to identify and correct common sentence punctuation errors.
Session 1 covers the basic elements of sentence structure and how to recognise grammatically complete sentences. The remaining sessions provide strategies for identifying and correcting common errors including sentence fragments (incomplete sentences), comma splices and run-on sentences.
Students will develop their skills through practical in-class exercises.
- Session 1 Writing complete sentences
- Session 2 Common error: sentence fragments
- Session 3 Common error: comma splices
- Session 4 Common error: run-on sentences
Tutor: Elizabeth Lochhead
Course Outline (PDF)
Dates and times
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 28 April to 6 May, from 12.00 pm to 12.50 pm. : passed
- Thursdays, 16 July to 6 August, from 1.00 pm to 1.50 pm. : enrolment and venue>>
Even if this workshop is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when this workshop is next scheduled, or just find out more, email Elizabeth.