Making Sentences Work
This course is designed to help you to write clear sentences by using punctuation correctly.
Sessions 1 and 2 will teach you to identify basic elements of sentence structure and recognise grammatically complete sentences. Sessions 3 and 4 will focus on the correct use of commas, semicolons, colons and full stops.
Students will develop their skills through practical in-class exercises.
- Session 1 Subjects and verbs
- Session 2 Clauses and phrases
- Session 3 Punctuation: joining and ending clauses
- Session 4 Punctuation: adverbs, lists, and quotations
Tutor: Elizabeth Lochhead
Course Outline (PDF)
Dates and times
- Mondays,18 September to 9 October, from 12.00 pm to 12.50 pm.: passed
- Wednesdays, 28 February to 21 March, from 12.00 pm to 12.50 pm.: enrolment and venue>>
Even if this workshop is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when this workshop is next scheduled, request it at a different time or day, or just find out more, email Elizabeth.