Microsoft Word Tips for Writing Essays
Even people who have been writing on a computer for years may not know how to use Word properly. This workshop covers tricks and tips useful for writing an essay and any other long document. Will it be useful for you? See how you do on this quiz:
- Is it better to add page numbers in the footer or use Insert > Page Numbers?
- When, in every essay, do you need to use a hanging indent?
- What’s the difference between an en dash and an em dash?
- How do you do a word count without including your references?
- Word makes the indent in the first line of each paragraph too big. How do you make them all those indents smaller, in a single step?
Answers in the workshop.
Dates and times
The next set of dates for this learning event has not yet been scheduled.
Even if this workshop is fully booked, it is likely there will be space on the day, so feel free to turn up. If you would like to be notified when it is next scheduled, request it at a different time or day, or just find out more, Academic Skills.
Handout: IT for Essay Writing